Friday, January 20, 2012

A Japanese artist exhibition by Kurumi

 I visited an exhibition of a Japanese artist with my mother. The artist named Kuniyoshi Utagawa who lived in the Edo period as an artist of ukiyo-e. A musium which held the exhibition was crowded in spite of weekday!
 Kuniyoshi left a lot of works. Warriors, pictures of samurai and heroes, were full impact! He drew powerful warriors filling the surface of a picture but also their armor and the background meticulously. And Animals were funny, pretty and humorous. Especially, I liked pictures of cats. Kuniyoshi loved cats too, so he described a lot of kinds of cat's motion in detail. In addition, he drew cats were personified (they dressed in kimono!). We can find a lifestyle in the Edo period from the pictures. Moreover, there were many Kuniyoshi's works, I and my mother noticed that we spent 3 hours there when we finished viewing pictures!
 I never got tired of gazing at his works! I and my mother are planning to visit the exhibition again, because some of the items on exhibit are changed. There are too many Kuniyoshi's works to exhibit all them in a musium at once.

 If you are interested in ukiyo-e, I recommend to you to visit the exhibition! It's held to 12nd February.
More infomation→http://kuniyoshi.exhn.jp/index.html

↑It's a book of pictures of Kuniyoshi Utagawa.


↑It's wa-sanbon, Japanese sweets are made from Japanese sugar, which we bought the musium as a souvenir. It's shaped cat's face, goldfish, and flowers! They are motifs of Kuniyoshi's works.

No comments:

Post a Comment