Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sightseeing around Tokyo by bus by Kurumi

I went sightseeing around Tokyo by bus yesterday. It was as one part of our seminar's lecture for the purpose of learning how a tour guide explains the main sights of Tokyo in English.
 First, we visited the World Trade Center Observatory. We could see the Tokyo Tower, Odaiba and the Tokyo Sky Tree (is under construction) from there.
 Second, we went upstream the Sumidagawa River by a sightseeing boat. I was excited when the boat passed through under bridges!


                       ↑ It's a view of the Tokyo Sky Tree from the boat.
 Finally, we arrived at Asakusa and walked along the Nakamise Street. The street was crowded tourists! I bought a souvenir which likes cakes for my family there, and it tasted delicious so my family was pleased it!

                         ↑It's the Sensouji temple. There were many tourists!

It was the enjoyable tour for me. And I respect our tour guide named Miyata (He said us called him "Mr. Shrine"). He explained the sights in simple English. In addition, he answered any questions from tourists in English. But, it's amazing that he have never been abroad! How much have he spent time on studying English? I have to make an effort studying English more. And I want to guide Japan tourists.

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to Sensouji, because I want to see Kaminarimon. And I want to ride boat. (≡^..^≡) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asakusa is a traditional spot. I like there! Study English for along time, we don't know how to study English, is it? I want to use English in the future my job. Do our best! by Arisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that speaking in English to a foreigner sbout sightseeing in Japan is very hard for ours. Mmm... by Misato

    ReplyDelete